Welcome

I spend my days making luxury, handmade soy candles, creating delicious fragrances ~ amber & lavender, white fig, the divine cashmere & satin and many more...



I hope you enjoy my blog ~ please pop by and leave a message ~ love to hear from you.



Best wishes,

Sue

x




Wednesday 21 September 2011

QUINTESSENTIALLY ENGLISH

I have recently discovered a beautiful little village ~ Great Tew ~ nestled in the Cotswolds just 4 miles outside Chipping Norton.

If you are looking to find the charm of old England then this is the place for you, it simple oozes all that is good and traditional about our beautiful country.




Narrow country lanes are adorned with quaint 17th century chocolate box thatched cottages.  However, the best find for me was Sweet Peas a florist and tea shop!

This shop seemed to be the heart of the village.  You are greeted with a warm welcome from the owner, there is a choice of seating inside or out and a selection of coffees, teas and cakes to choose from.



Once refreshed you can browse the wonderful selection of gifts, cards, flowers, breads and even have a sandwich made for you.

It was a step back in time to a slower more civilised pace of life where people had time for you and even trusted villagers to return later to pay for their bread!

Oh how I wish I could live in Great Tew.............

To find out more visit http://www.greattewvillage.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment